The Ministry of Tourism, Civil Aviation, Sustainable Development and Culture is pleased to offer this opportunity to all interested persons who wish to participate in a video content creation competition for 32 weeks/7 months from May- November, 2023 focusing on ‘staycations’ in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. This competition aims to strengthen Domestic Tourism in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Persons who are interested in participating are encouraged to fill and submit the registration form (see link below) by Friday 28th April, 2023. The following are the terms and conditions for participating in the competition:
Participants are expected to submit seven (7) videos, one per month on the different concepts listed from numbers 2 – 5 to be considered for the grand prize. Videos could be submitted in any order of preference.
1. Must submit a one (1) minute - two minutes (2 mins) video per month commencing May.
2. Must submit three (3) videos that focus on attractions in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Attractions could include any of the following different forms of tourism:
a. Cultural Heritage
b. Marine Tourism
c. Natural/Eco- Adventure
e. Agro Tourism or Culinary Tourism
3. Must submit two (2) videos highlighting or promoting a tourism approved accommodation in St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG).
4. Must submit one (1) video highlighting your experience on a tourism approved taxi/tour bus.
5. Must submit one (1) video featuring new tourism development(s) in SVG.
6. Videos should include narration and visuals of the destination.
8. A brief description must be submitted with each video submission.
9. Content Creators are expected to share their respective videos as a re-share from the Ministry’s Facebook page and accept a collaborative invite on Instagram.
10. All submitted videos are properties of the Ministry and could be used as promotional material.
11.Videos can be submitted in either portrait or landscape orientations.
Therefore, participants are expected to submit seven (7) videos, one per month on the different concepts listed from numbers 2 – 5 to be considered for the grand prize. Videos could be submitted in any order of preference.
The Grand prizes will be announced at the Tourism Awards and Cocktail Ceremony, which is scheduled for November, 2023.
- 1st place- 1 weekend for 2 all-inclusive at Palm Island Resort and $500 XCD cash
- 2nd place- Smart device
- 3rd place - $500 XCD cash
A special prize will be given to the best monthly video.
Content Creators are expected to create quality video(s) and content that will highlight the following:
- Tips to travel
- Attractive deals
- Debunk the notion that domestic/staycations are seasonal
- Travel all year around
- Dissemination of quality, accurate and relevant information about the destination
- Most likes – 20%
- Quality of video and audio- 25%
- Content – 40%
- Creativity- 15%
Please click https://forms.gle/M4BhqX1Uw8tqTqyPA to register for the Domestic Tourism Social Media Campaign. Registration form must be submitted by Friday 28th April, 2023.