The Unit is tasked with:
- Locally improving industry awareness, understanding, and support through the local media and tourism education, training and public awareness programmes delivered via workshops, visits to schools and consultations;
- Distributing and communicating tourism information nationally, regional and the ministerial branch;
- Improving the appearance of the Ministry;
- Planning, implementing and dissemination of announcements and publications such as press releases, bulletins and other forms of publications in an effort to report and promote the efforts of the Ministry;
- Maintaining and improving a good relationship with the media and general public, as well as providing advisories to the media in their industry coverage;
- Coordinating and managing press conferences for the Minister of Tourism.
- Collaborating with regional tourism organisations and industry partners such as the Florida Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA) and the Caribbean Tourism Association (CTO).