The Unit is tasked with:
- Assisting in Community Development through collaboration with Community Tourism Associations.
- Collaborating with public/private sector organisations in tourism development and management.
- Facilitating the granting of concessions under the Hotels Aid Act (1988), Hotel Construction Approval Orders, Hotel Expansion Orders and Hotel Improvement Orders.
- Conducting site visits in collaboration with the Customs and Excise Department to accommodation establishments that benefit from Duty Free Concessions as provided by the Hotels Aid Act (1988).
- Facilitate improvement in the marine and land transportation sector.
- Facilitate the development of sites and attractions.
- The formulation and execution of strategic policies and plans aimed at the sustainable development of tourism products and services for the tourism industry.